BRACERS Record Detail for 18
To access the original letter, email the Ready Division.
Rotblat informs Schoenman that he has sent the letters from Powell and Rabinowitch to BR, and that the next step is for BR to send Rotblat a letter stating that he would like to postpone the decision of the journal due to apprehension regarding an agreement with a publisher.
He states that the other letter should inform the committee members of Powell and Rabinowitch's letters, expressing the desire to discuss the journal before taking action on it, as well as ask them if they would agree to postponing any decisions on the journal until the next Pugwash Committee meeting. "The main thing about this letter is not to bring in the question of the editorship at this stage, but rather put the emphasis on the whole question of the scope of the journal, its relation to the bulletin, etc."